Saturday, July 24, 2010

Money Spending Blues

As this post's title suggests, I have had a case of the money-spending blues. You know, the affliction where you go shopping, find all kinds of cute goodies and walk away with nothing because you're not in the mood to spend any money? I checked out a new local bargain store that sells discounted scrapbook paper packs and home decor. I think Mighty Dollar has spoiled me! Give me Amy Butler embellishments for a dollar, but I won't pay $15 for her scrapbook tote bag or basket. I couldn't even bring myself to buy some new paper (which I've been needing/wanting) because I figured I could get it cheaper on sale at Hobby Lobby. My next stop was to a quaint little country decor store where I hoped to find some Billy Jacobs paintings for my dining room, even though in the back of my mind I knew that even if I found the perfect painting, I wasn't going to spend the money to buy it. I saw dozens of cute little side tables for sale and I just wanted to go "junk" shopping and get one for next to nothing so I could fix it up myself for a few bucks instead of paying $20 or more at this country store. These blogs about thrifty decorating are getting to me! Not that I wasn't a thrifty decorator before (I LOVE finding goodies at yard sales!) but now it's taking over and not letting me spend more than a few dollars on anything! I went home having spent $4 on a Martha Stewart border punch from Tuesday Morning since that really was quite a bargain. I guess I should be happy that my bank account is in tact after such a sad shopping trip...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can finally post a comment! So, what is this new local bargain store you speak of?

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Only the problem with me is, I tend to find a really good deal on several things, buy them, then realize how much money it added up to and wish I hadn't bought things, because I hate thinking about the money. I'm getting better though.
    I'm so glad you found my blog, and that it was an encouragement to you! I'll definitely be praying for you and your hubby. You are absolutely right, God's timing is best, and that desire IS a godly desire, and I believe the Lord honors that. That's what I kept reminding Him in my prayers too. :-)

    ReplyDelete