Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Little Etchy

My college roommate is getting married in a week. After putting up with me for two years, I wanted to make her something special as part of a gift for her wedding shower last weekend. This is what I came up with. (And, I'm sorry to say, I procrastinated again and put this together a mere hour before I had to leave for the shower. I did have the idea in my head a few days in advance, however!)


I fell in love with the design and can't wait to make one for myself! Unfortunately, I misplaced one single box after we moved into our house that has an identical vase in it. It seems to have completely vanished. I also fell in love with the card design that I came up with:


A friend introduced me to the wonders of glitter. I love the result but hate the mess! Glitter was EVERYWHERE! We used the Cricut Expression to cut out the designs from the "Sweethearts" and "Mother's Day" cartridges and used the Xyron sticker maker to turn the images into double-sided stickers. Sprinkle glitter on and, viola! I also made her this card for her personal shower using the same Cricut cartridge:


It's not quite as "glam" but the Stampin' Up! paper matches her wedding colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment