Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just Some Thoughts

I'm sitting on the couch watching one of the channels on tv that plays non-stop Christian music. As each song plays, they feature random facts about each artist, like how old they are and when they started singing or song writing. Coincidentally, most of the artists I've listed to so far are only one or two years older than me. One guy has been leading worship since he was 13 and writing music just as long. Wow. I've attempted to write a song or two over the years, but I don't think they are exactly music to anyone's ears. Heck, even I barely like them.

I've been thinking a lot over the past few months that I'd really like to grow in this area of my life, but I don't know where to begin. I've been a part of a worship team since high school and feel like I'm unsure of the next step. I'm living a dream come true just being able to sing and play keyboard in church, but that's not enough. I know it full well. I want to continue to grow and help others grow closer to God through worship, but I hold back and am afraid. What is God going to require of me? Am I ready for whatever that may be? What will other people think? (It seems like I'd be past that last question by now, but it's still a struggle) What is holding me back? Fear, myself, sin? All the above and more? I've got to let go of the junk and just surrender. I even sang about surrender this morning, now that I think about it. I want to mean what I sing. But there must be action. Now is the time to get over my insecurities and let go. Let God have His way in me so I can GROW! It's scary, but full of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment