Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everybody Loves a Yard Sale Bargain

I have a confession: I am a yard sale addict. Maybe this isn't a new addiction, but I'm just now realizing it. There was a neighborhood yard sale a few minutes from my house yesterday and I couldn't wait to check it out. I went to every single sale and found several exciting bargains! I'm a tightwad, so I can't resist finding name brand clothes for a buck and home decor on the cheap. Lucky for me, I found two shirts, two skirts and a dress for work, a couple of sconces, a cheese ball server with glass dome (because my mother in law gave me her recipe for the world's best cheese ball, which is now a family tradition), wall art and 50 children's books for $5! Yes, just $5! Those books were the bargain of the century! My nieces are going to get a treat when they open the box from Aunt Amanda later this week. The oldest is getting into chapter books and her younger sister, who is starting kindergarten in the Fall, likes The Cat in the Hat and Clifford. Here's some of my loot:



I got these, too and actually hung them up right away. I've had a hard time figuring out where to hang pictures in our house. Now I just need to find the perfect candles to put with the sconces.


I bought a wooden floating shelf last year at a yard sale and never got around to painting it and hanging it up. I knew right where I wanted to put it and finally got the project done this weekend. I'm going for a European-ish theme in the kitchen, but there are some country accents in there as well, courtesy of another lovely yard sale. How can a girl resist such low-priced treasures? They were calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment