Monday, June 14, 2010

Graduation and Growing Up

My brother's girlfriend recently graduated from high school. Here's the card and envelope that I made for her:



It seems like a lifetime ago that I graduated, but it's only been six years. How is that even possible?! Even as I typed that, it seems crazy! I really didn't enjoy high school, and wouldn't go back and relive those four years for a million dollars. I love my life the way it is now, even with adult responsibilities that I didn't have back then. Growing up used to seem so scary. I remember being about 10 years old and being terrified of having a job when I was a teenager. It seemed so scary at the time. My dream job is to be a stay at home mom and raise my kids and maybe even home school them. Hopefully that dream will come true in the next year or so, but we'll see. I remember being told in high school that I needed a bigger dream than that, but what could be more important than teaching a child about the Lord and impacting their life so that they can impact others? I don't need to become the next great corporate executive with a fancy mansion and a brand new car. Nothing is better than coming home to the house where I grew up and being welcomed by my wonderful husband and our baby girl, Layla. Too bad Alex wouldn't let me quit my job to stay at home with the dog. Believe me, I asked. We've made this house our home and have already made many memories there together. Hopefully we will have many, many more years there together. All my dreams have come true. Every single one. Well, except for having children, but Lord willing, that will happen someday. Thank you, Lord for all your many blessings. They are too great to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment