Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

Some friends of ours got engaged yesterday, so to celebrate we went to a Japanese hibachi grill in Richmond called Koto. The last and only time I've ever been to a hibachi was in high school. Both experiences were great! The chef was oh so entertaining and had lots of fancy cutlery skills to impress us with and there was enough food that we ate the leftovers for lunch on Sunday. Considering what a meal cost, it was a very good thing that we each got two meals out of it (and it helps that I have a smaller appetite than Alex. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any leftovers). Since we happened to wear coordinating outfits, it was the perfect photo op:



Sunday has been a lazy day of sorts. I finally put the finishing touches on my niece's Christmas present so that it can be wrapped and sent in the mail tomorrow. I also decided to whip up some more decorations for our house. A few Christmases ago, I received two hurricanes and had lost them for over a year after our move. While digging around in the attic looking for toys for Sky, I finally found the missing box! I dug out the hurricanes and added extra Christmas balls that I got at Kmart two years ago.


They now reside on our tv table to camouflage the surround sound speakers:


As an end to a relaxing weekend, the snow practically hasn't stopped falling all day and it's so peaceful outside. Maybe we'll actually get a white Christmas this year! Oh, I sure hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I love the hurricane vases with the ornaments! I was thinking about doing something similar, but it didn't happen this year.

    ReplyDelete