Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nancy Yard Sale Adventure

Every year in my mom and dad's quaint little country town there is a 15-mile yard sale. I went last year with my mom and could only shop for a little while, but I got several great bargains. I've been looking forward to this year's sale forever. And then it wouldn't stop raining. My plan was to be up and at it by 8 or so in the morning. Instead, I slept till 7:50, and it was raining when I woke up. Our backyard was flooded, our roof was still leaking even though we thought we had fixed the problem, and my eager mood was waning into sadness. My mom and I were going to venture out despite the inclement weather, but I changed my mind and was willing to give up and skip my long-anticipated adventure. Thankfully, the weather cleared up and we decided to give it a go around 11 a.m.

We sloshed around in soggy yards for a while and it was worth it! I found a big old window with no glass that I am going to touch up with white paint and hang in my bedroom with a small wreath on it


a tool bench/desk for Sky for Christmas



(isn't it too cute?! And for $5!), a brand new Gap down vest and black work pants for me, two fleece pullovers for Alex and clothes for one of my nieces, a knick-knack rack for thread and scrapbooking supplies (I will be making this over with white or black paint for another post sometime in the future), and four blueberry bushes! I had forgotten about blueberry bushes being for sale and had wanted to buy some in the Spring but never got around to it. I'm so excited to have my own little patch of heaven in my backyard. Now the strawberries will have company (if they survived being crowded out by weeds this year. The blueberry bushes have already produced this year, so I'm sure to have a harvest next year, too! If I can ever get rid of the weeds. I am embarrassed of my yard and what used to be my garden. Lets not talk about that anymore. Moving on....I am so glad that we still got to go on this little adventure and have some mother-daughter time. I'm going to miss yard sales when winter comes. This has been the first summer in a loooong time that I've been able to go to so many sales. Did you find any good bargains this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment