Saturday, May 31, 2014

Julia at 2 Months

So, I just realized I had written this post, never finished it, and thus never published it. Since blogging has been my girls' only "baby book", I wanted to go ahead and publish it, albeit out of chronolgical order, so that it would be easier to find down the road when I'm feeling nostalgic and want to read what life was like when the kids were babies. So, bear with me as I publish Julia's 2 month update while she is 4.5 months old, because that's how I roll.

Julia turned two months old last Sunday. We went for her well child check up this past week and I had my postpartum check up as well. Miss Julia weighs 12 pounds 1 oz and is 22 inches long, putting her in the 80th and 50th percentiles, respectively. She is definitely more filled out than Natalie ever was, lol. Natalie was 11 pounds 12 oz and 23.5 inches tall at 2 months (75th and 90th percentiles).

Our sweet baby "talks" to us quite a lot and has smiles for anyone who will have a conversation of "coos" with her. She loves being held facing outward or on her belly in a Superman hold, just like her big sis did. She enjoys being worn in my ring sling, which is a lifesaver in the grocery store and outside while Natalie is playing. I remember thinking that Natalie got more fun around 3 months old, but I feel like Julia is already more fun right now because of how much she enjoys interacting with me. I think we have a social butterfly on our hands! Julia DESPISES baths and screams her blood-curdling scream the entire time until she is dry and dressed again. She came really close to rolling over from belly to back yesterday, so I am excited to see her accomplish that soon!

Julia still nurses every 2 hours and usually sleeps anywhere for 5 to 8 hours at night before waking up to eat. Hooray for babies that sleep well!!! I think she has a shallow latch, which is causing me quite a bit of discomfort still. My doula suggested trying different feeding positions to see if that helps.

Natalie still loves her little sister, but she has recently entered deeper into the terrible twos with more frequent tantrums and bad behavior. Alex and I are growing wearing from disciplining her for the same things over and over all.day.long.everyday. I have asked more experienced moms for tips on disciplining a toddler and the resounding answer is that you just survive it and one day they will get better. Not exactly what I was hoping or expecting to hear, but I am hopeful that it will ring true for us in the near future before I lose my mind and pull all my hair out! My mom says to speak out that we are going to have the "Terrific Twos" and I try to do that as I discipline Natalie for the 1, 346,782nd time.

No comments:

Post a Comment