Monday, September 12, 2011

Just a Little Life Update

I've missed blogging these past few weeks, but haven't known what to write about! I celebrated my 25th birthday on Saturday by going to a 15-mile yard sale in the town where my parents live. Alex, who is NOT a morning person, agreed to wake up before noon to go with me :) We headed out around 9 and lasted a few hours before I had no more energy and needed a nap. We didn't find any out-of-this-world bargains, but I did get a few long-sleeved maternity shirts for winter, a Baby Bjorn baby backpack carrier and some more blueberry bushes! We finished off the day by having a wonderful dinner at my in-laws' house with my mom and little brother. Birthdays have always been a big deal to me, and this milestone was probably one of the best so far. Not having to work and having the whole day to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted was wonderfully relaxing!

Today, I started my 25th week of pregnancy. Here's how the baby bump is coming along:


I talked to a girl at work today who was a day past her due date. Here she was, looking quite full-term, just working like it was any other day. She said she felt great and that the pregnancy had been wonderful. I've never met a pregnant woman with such a positive attitude at 40+ weeks pregnant. She made me want to have that outlook, even if I can't breathe, can't sleep, and am generally ready to not be pregnant anymore when my due date approaches. To top it off, her husband was a 12 pound baby, so her little one could be larger-than-average, too! And she's STILL not freaking out! What a woman!

That about sums up what I've been up to recently. I think I'm going to go enjoy another piece of my birthday apple pie. Baby's hungry!

2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful, and so cute! Perfect for 25 weeks. I'm glad you had a good birthday, and happy (late) birthday from me! :-)

    ReplyDelete